Friday, June 26, 2009

So Far This Summer...

We have had a lot going on this summer. Shelby officially became a 3rd grader. I am very proud of her. She had a blast this year in her new school and made a bunch of new friends.

About six weeks ago our cats both had kittens a day a part. One had five and the other had four. We are now left with six and only one mother. The other mother decided that mother hood was not for her. So now we have one dog, two cats, six kittens and one hamster. And also something I have yet to identify living in the attic.

Last week Shelby went to Girl Scout camp for the first time. She was so excited to go, but it was really hot. I am not sure if she is going back next year. Here are her thought on camp:

“They had well water. They took the color out of it but not the taste.”

“There were big bugs in the shower.”

“The girl in my cabin talked in her slept.”

“Sidney and I cried every night.”

“I threw up and they gave my Gatorade. Finally something that tasted good.”

She did say that she made friends, but other then that she doesn’t want to go back next year unless I go with her. Now Shelby is gone to her dad’s the entire month of July. It will be a hard month, but hopefully school with keep me busy. I have a class that ends next week and then tennis starts the following week.

No comments:

Post a Comment